Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

First day of the week

Tuesday is my Monday. That is, because I don't work on Mondays, Tuesdays are the first day of the work week for me. I've come to realize that no matter how much you love what you do, the first day of the week is always a bummer. Thankfully, I have the luxury of being my own boss and therefore can lower the expectations I create for myself on this transition day. So when Tuesdays come along, I tend to focus my efforts on non-creative tasks such as catching up on ordering supplies, doing paperwork, and tasks that don't require my creative energy or focus. That way, I ease into my week, I can let the weekend marinate in my mind, and by Wednesday, I am ready to get back to "work". I do struggle with the idea that doing the paperwork and resting my creative mind is a legitimate task. I think the very strong work ethic that has been handed down to me from my family is largely responsible for this. Then I remind myself that the mundane tasks need to be completed and that it is part of what allows my business to exist. So really, I am still working, just not creating.

No comments: