Total Pageviews

Friday, October 19, 2007

New to ARGENTUM

I will use this blog spot to keep you all updated as to what is going on at ARGENTUM as well as a space for me to publicly announce my thoughts, ideas, etc. NOW that I have you all captivated. Here is my first entry.



I have been preparing for the holiday season by feverishly creating jewelry for the shop, as well as doing custom work. Just finished a big wholesale order for the shop GREEN INK in Wickford, RI. Go check it out. I also will be featured in the November issue of the new magazine SO Rhode Island. I think they are online as well.



This Fall, Argentum received several new artists, please check out the website http://argentumdesigns.com/ and look under the section that reads "new artists".
Oil and acrylic abstracts by Gregory Ricci, Raku and Ceramic art by Deb Lang Beaudoin, giclee prints by Janet McCraw, etc. Oh, and come check out my new pride and joy, a salvaged old beautiful sink that I made into a display with the handiwork of master woodworker, Corwin Butterworth http://corwinbutterworth.com/.

Anyway, I think that is it for now.....oh, I was recently granted permission to link to Miranda July's website....I'm so excited....please, please, please do yourselves a favor and check her out, read her books and see her movies......http://mirandajuly.com/. She was recently interviewed by BUST magazine http://bust.com/. One of my new favorite mags.
I knew I would forget something. Every 2-3 months, one of Argentum's artists will use their unique creative talents to design a new window display. They get to feature their own work while incorporating the art of others to reflect the spirit of Argentum. This season's window was designed and executed by Melanie Madden. Melanie paints, sews, cooks (and, yes I do consider cooking as an artform). Check out her work in the shop and stop by the display window at night. It looks awesome. Thanks for all your hard work.
Ok this is really it. I need to work and so do you.

No comments: